On Wednesday, 5th April 2017, a Cabinet Meeting chaired by His Excellency the President of the Republic, Paul KAGAME, convened in Village URUGWIRO.
The Cabinet Meeting approved the resolutions of the Cabinet Meeting held on 03/02/2017.
The Cabinet Meeting was briefed on the outcome from the official visits made by His Excellency the President of the Republic in China, Holy See, United States of America and United Kingdom.
At the invitation of his counterpart, Xi Jinping, His Excellency the President of the Republic held high-level bilateral talks which laid ground for key areas namely industrial investment, infrastructure and tourism.
In Holy See:
Upon invitation by His Holiness Pope Francis, His Excellency the President of the Republic met with him and discussed relationships between Rwanda and the Catholic Church. The discussions were fruitful as His Holiness Pope Francis asked for forgiveness for the Catholic Church’s role in the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi.
In the United States of America:
His Excellency the President of the Republic was invited to address AIPAC Policy Conference held in Washington DC which brings together Israel and its allies. His Excellency the President of the Republic is the first African Head of State to address AIPAC.
His Excellency the President of the Republic participated in the Atlantic Council think tank on the future of US-Africa relationships. At Boston, His Excellency the President of the Republic delivered a public lecture at Harvard Business School on development of Rwanda, in particular, and of Africa as a whole.
In the United Kingdom: His Excellency the President of the Republic delivered a public lecture on Rwanda development.
– Additional features to the EAC electronic Passport;
– The Feeder Roads Policy and Strategy;
– Rwanda Quadrennial Periodic Report for the 2005 UNESCO Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expression;
III. The Cabinet Meeting approved the Draft Laws:
– Draft Law governing the National Bank of Rwanda;
– Draft Law approving the ratification of the financing agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 09 March, 2017 between the Republic of Rwanda and the International Development Association (IDA) relating to the credit of SDR 34,300,000 for the transformation of agriculture sector program phase 3;
– Draft Law approving the ratification of the agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 19 October 2016, between the Republic of Rwanda and the Kingdom of Morocco, for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income;
– Draft Law approving the ratification of the Grant Agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 31st March 2017 Between the Republic of Rwanda and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) relating to grant of Two Billion Seventy Seven Million Japanese Yen (¥ 2,077,000,000) for the Project of Rehabilitation of Irrigation Facilities in Rwamagana District;
– Draft Law modifying and complementing Law nº 54/2010 of 25/01/2011 establishing Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) and determining its mission, organization and functioning;
– Draft Law relating to the protection of Whistleblowers;
– Prime Minister’s Order determining organizational Structure, Salaries and Fringe benefits for Employees of National Unity and Reconciliation Commission (NURC);
– Prime Minister’s Order granting a leave of absence for non-specific period to Dr.
UMULISA Irenée, who was Director of Neglected Tropical Diseases and other Parasitic Diseases Unit in Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC);
– Prime Minister’s Order determining the Supervising Authority of Rwanda Forensic Laboratory (RFL);
– Ministerial Order granting the power of attorney to certain staff members of Rwanda Social Security Board (RSSB).
Ms. KIRENGA BATAMULIZA Viviane;
Mr. SEKABUKE Jean Paul and
Ms. RWAKUNDA Quinta.
– Ministerial Order determining regulations implementing the Law No 75/2013 of 11/09/2013 establishing regulation governing Civil Aviation;
– Mr. BENOIT RYELANDT, of the Kingdom of Belgium, with residence in Kigali;
– Mr. BENSON KAITH CHALI, of Zambia, with residence in Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania;
– Mr. LASZLO EDUARD MATHE, of Hungary, with residence in Nairobi, Kenya;
– Mr. CHULPATHMENDRA DAHANAYAKE, of Sri Lanka, with residence in Nairobi, Kenya.
– Mgr. ANDRZEJ JOZWOWICZ, Apostolic Nuncio of Holy See (Catholic Church of Rome), with residence in Kigali, Rwanda;
MAKOMBE Jean Marie;
KAWERA Marie Sylvie;
Deputy CEO in charge of Rural Water & Sanitation Services: UMUHUMUZA Gisele.
Head of Examinations and Accreditation Department: Dr. TUSIIME Michael.
Deputy Director General: MURENZI Ivan
Director General: Maj. NYIRISHEMA Patrick
MUNYANEZA Omar, Chairperson;
KAYITESI Marcelline, Member.
Vice Governor: Dr. NSANZABAGANWA Monique
Director of Planning and Coordination: CP MUGISHA ZIKAMA Joseph
– BYUSA Michelle: Advisor to Minister in charge of Cabinet Affairs
– KIHESI RWAGUMA: Advisor to the Director of Cabinet.
– MUSHINZIMANA Karyn: Advisor to the Minister of State in charge of Constitutional and Legal Affairs.
– YANKURIJE Thacien: Director of Social Affairs Unit.
– BUGINGO RUJONGI Emmanuel: Director of Community Development Unit.
– NSHUNGUYINKA John: Director of Social and Governance Affairs Unit.
– KWIFASHA Wellars: Director of Finance Unit.
– KABERA Bernard: Director of Testing Laboratories Unit.
– UWAMARIYA Pacifique: Director of Chemical Laboratories Unit.
– MUHAWENIMANA BARINDIKIJE Immaculeé: Director of Nursing Service Unit.
VII. In A.O.B:
– The 23rd Commemoration of the Genocide against the Tutsi will start on 7th April 2017 at the Gisozi Genocide memorial where a flame of hope lighting will take place. Commemoration activities will start on that date in all Villages of the Country and will last 100 days. This year’s theme is: “Let’s remember the Genocide against the Tutsi; fighting its ideology and standing firm on our achievements”. The Cabinet Meeting recalled that commemoration activities must be conducted without holding everything.
– The Commonwealth Games Queen’s Baton Relay 2017 travelled through Rwanda from 22nd to 25th March 2017.
East African Manufacturing and Business Summit (EAMBS) is scheduled to take place in Kigali Serena Hotel from 23rd to 25thMay 2017 under the theme: “Harnessing the Manufacturing Potential for Sustainable Economic Growth”.
– Inauguration of 18 bridges in Gakenke District took place on 2th March 2017 and inauguration of 16 disaster resilient model houses were launched in Rusizi District. The houses were built specifically for people who had been evacuated from disaster risk prone villages in Bugarama Sector/Rusizi District.
– The Tripartite meeting between the Government of Rwanda, the Republic of
Congo and the UNHCR related to the cessation of circumstances for Rwandan refugees living in Congo was held on the 3rdand 4th April 2017.
This Statement was signed by Stella Ford MUGABO
The Minister in Charge of Cabinet Affairs
click here to receive the updated news on facebook on twitter
3,301 total views, 1 views today
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Copyright © 2014 -2017 - Bwiza.com - All Rights Reserved