The Rwandan Prime Minister, Dr Anastase Murekezi calls on district officials to speed up in establishing small and medium enterprises locally known as ‘Agakiriro’; the part of government project aims at promoting both the informal and small scale enterprises as primary means for socio-economic transformation.
The remarks given during a ceremony to cheer for trainees in National Employment Programme, NEP/kora wigire held at Remera Amahoro stadium on this November 18th 2016. The Minister also calls on youth to embrace self employement.
The NEP/Kora Wigire programme started from 2014 in order to combine various policies for enhancing job creation through Skills development, Entrepreneurship and Business Development, Labour Market Interventions and Coordination; has been boosting off-farm employment with almost 200,000 jobs per year.
During his speech, the Prime Minister Dr Anastase appealed the Rwandans to reinforce the job creation and self employment in order to fight unemployment likely to surge if nothing is done.
Government job opportunities are still insufficient. The research shows that the government should hire almost 3% of 5,590,000 Rwandans eligible for job, while the remaining 97% need to join private sectors and create their own employment.
“Start by small you have and grow big. Initiate small enterprises and learn to work by yourselves. District that have not yet built those small and medium enterprises ‘Agakiriro’; they speed up their establishment even at level of sector.” PM said.
The ceremony went on by awarding the best performers who embrace national employment program and cash in on it to improve their welfare.
Through NEP program, more 80,672 including youth and women were helped to get various jobs but those jobs are still insufficient while there are still more unemployment in towns, mostly youths and university graduates.
click here to receive the updated news on facebook on twitter
562 total views, 1 views today
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Copyright © 2014 -2017 - Bwiza.com - All Rights Reserved