McKinstry shocked with sacking decision

After his sacking became public knowledge Thursday morning, Johnny McKinstry, who had been the Amavubi head coach since March 2015, released a statement expressing his disappointment at being relieved of his duties without prior notice.

Earlier on Thursday morning, prior to his statement, McKinstry said he wasn’t aware of his removal from office saying that; “I have heard the same rumours but, at this point in time, I’ve not been informed of any anything, so I’ve no information to that effect.”

But hours later, the 30-year-old Northern Irishman released a statement in which he said that he was both “surprised and disappointed” by the dismissal.

“The specific reasons behind the decision have not been made fully clear to me given our performance to date, I am therefore both surprised and disappointed by the announcement today, and that myself and the team will not be able to finish what we started,” the Irishman said in the statement.

Johnny Mc

Johnny McKinstry said he was surprised and diasappointed

McKinstry, a former Sierra Leonean national football head coach, was handed his sacking letter on Thursday afternoon having earlier told Times Sport that he had only learnt about the decision to show him the exit door through the media.

Kanyankore Gilbert Yaounde, APR FC Coach and former Amavubi and incumbent AS Kigali coach Eric Nshimiyimana are to take over as Amavubi coach on a temporary basis and will take charge of the last 2017 Afcon qualifiers game against Ghana on September 3 alongside McKinstry deputy Jimmy Mulisa.

Théogène U

Facebook Comments
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

To Top