Rwanda Police has warned people against illegal dealings in inflammable products, which can result into a disaster and loss of lives, after an incident of Muhima last Sunday. Inflammable products, particularly petrol and diesel on black market, caused fire and took lives of two children.
In Nyabugogo cell, around Poids Lourds road opposite the Mosquee the fire incident left severely burned and currently under intensive medical care at CHUK.
“Inflammable liquids such as petrol, diesel and kerosene are strictly sold at petrol stations not in houses or elsewhere; operations are underway to arrest anyone running these dangerous black markets,” says Supt. Emmanuel Hitayezu, police spokesperson for the City of Kigali.
Meanwhile, during an operation conducted Sunday in Muhima against illegal sale of inflammable petroleum products, police seized about 50 litres of diesel, twelve empty jerrycans used in the illegal business, and arrested two people in connection with the act.
“Many fire outbreaks occur because some people are unaware or careless when working with flammables”, he notes.
“There are people who buy and store petrol, diesel and paraffin in their home or near fire yet these are the most combustible liquids that can easily ignite fire” he says.
He warns that operations will continue against such illegal and disastrous dealings, and appealed to the general public to join efforts against such by buying these products from petrol stations and report people involved in this black market.
However, neighbors and customers attest petrol from black market is cheaper, as it is supplied by drivers who embezzle it. On testimony, one says petrol on black market is about 900 Frws, while it’s sold at more than 1000 on station, and he suggests warnings would also be given to suppliers.
click here to receive the updated news on facebook on twitter
Jean Baptiste Karegeya
People should be careful because many fire outbreaks occur are unaware or careless when working with flammables,let be away that buy and store petrol, diesel and paraffin in our home or near fire yet these are the most combustible liquids that can easily ignite fire.we have to keep our homes from fire.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Copyright © 2014 -2017 - Bwiza.com - All Rights Reserved