A detonation at wedding gathering in the south Turkish city of Gaziantep has killed at least 30 people and injured at least 94 victims late of Saturday night 20 August 2016.
The explosion took place in the Sahinbey district of the city which is said to have a large number of Kurdish residents, fuelling speculation of jihadist involvement. Reports said the wedding had a strong Kurdish presence.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Sunday said the Islamic State (IS) jihadist group was the likely perpetrator of a bomb attack on a wedding in the city of Gaziantep near the Syrian border that left at least 30 dead and dozens more wounded.
The explosion which officials said could have been triggered by a suicide bomber, was the latest attack to have rocked the key NATO member in a horrific year that has seen strikes blamed on Kurdish and Islamist militants as well as a bloody July 15 botched coup.
Crowds gathered after the blast in Gaziantep
Gaziantep governor Ali Yerlikaya said in a statement that 30 people had been killed and 94 wounded in “an abhorrent terror bomb attack on a wedding” late on Saturday night. According to AFP.
Erdogan said in a statement that there was “no difference” between the group of US-based preacherFethullah Gulen who he blames for a failed July 15 coup bid, the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) “and Daesh (IS), the likely perpetrator of the attack in Gaziantep”.
Turkey has been suffering lethal attacks early this year. 30 July, 35 Kurdish fighters who try to storm a military base are killed by the Turkish army while a 29th June gun and bomb attack on Ataturk airport in Istanbul kills 41 people in an attack blamed on IS militants. 13 March, 37 people are killed by Kurdish militants in a suicide car bombing in Ankara.
Théogène U @Bwiza.com
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Copyright © 2014 -2017 - Bwiza.com - All Rights Reserved