Uganda Police spokesperson, Andrew Felix Kaweesi, and two other police officers were shot dead yesterday on Friday. Although assailants are unknown, they were on Bodaboda and shot while in about 100 metres from his home in Kulambiro, Nakawa Division in Kampala. From 2012 today, 14 persons lost lives, shot dead by ganmen on Bodaboda.
Gen Kayihura yesterday told a media conference at the crime scene that “assailants on a bodaboda trailed Kaweesi for some distance from his home, and while in motion, first fired shots in the air, and then shot at his police vehicle registration no UP 4778, through the hind windscreen, and at the tyres, deflating them.” Chimpreport says.
He added: “They then showered the vehicle with bullets through the sides and into the vehicle, killing the three occupants. The thugs then fled in the direction of Kisaasi Trading Center on their motorcycle.”
Murders by Bodaboda riders are becoming common in Uganda, as Kaweesi is the twelveth victim in only 5 years(as none was killed in 2013). The list below is from The daily monitor.
Bodaboda assassinations in Uganda since 2012
1. Sheikh Abdul Karim Sentamu April 2012
2. Sheikh Abdul Jawali Sentunga August 2012
3. Sheikh Yunus Abubakar Mudungu August 2012
4. Hajji Abubaker Kiweewa June 2012
5. Sheikh Dr Abdul Kadir Muwaya December 2014
6. Sheikh Mustafa Bahiga December 2014
7. Sheikh Ismail Ssebugwawo January 2015
8. SPSA Joan Kagezi March 2015
9. Abdul Rashid Wafula May 2015
10.Sheikh Ibrahim Hassan Kirya June 2015
11. Major. Sheikh Muhammad Kiggundu November 2016
12. AIGP Andrew Felix Kaweesi March 2017
click here to receive the updated news on facebook on twitter
Jean Baptiste Karegeya
628 total views, 1 views today
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Copyright © 2014 -2017 - Bwiza.com - All Rights Reserved