The resolution, of FERWAFA Competitions Commission, ‘the Super Cup match between APR Fc and Rayon Sports will recommence at the minute at which play was interrupted rather than being replayed in full, and with the same scoreline’, at Stade Nyamirambo on Wednesday, 27/09/2017 at 16h00.
According to Ferwafa.rw, the Competitions Commission of the Rwanda Football Federation (FERWAFA) met on Monday, 25/09/2017 to decide on the fate of the Super Cup 2017 which was halted on Saturday, 23/09/2017 due to power failure moments which resulted from technical problems with Umuganda Stadium internal installation.
The Competitions Commission was comprised of its president Mwanafunzi Albert, Mbabazi Alain, Uwamahoro Ariane and Nzeyimana Felix.
The Commission reviewed article 8 of the Super Cup regulation as well as the FERWAFA Competition regulation, but then referred to article 99 of the Ferwafa competition regulation after finding no provision that clearly puts into consideration the fate of the Super Cup match which was abandoned on Saturday, 23/09/2017.
Article 99 of the Ferwafa competition regulation states that for all the cases not provided for in these regulations, the jurisprudence of Fédération Internationale de Football Association shall apply.
FIFA Competition Regulations
The FERWAFA Competition Commission based on the general provisions as provided by the regulation of the FIFA Confederation Cup 2017 held in Russia from June 17 to July 2, 2017.
Article 6 of the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 Regulations refers on the Withdrawal, unplayed matches and abandoned matches.
Article 6.7 of the FIFA Confederations Cup states:
Further to the above provision, in the case of a match being abandoned as a result of force majeure after it has already kicked off, the following principles will apply:
- a) The match shall recommence at the minute at which play was interrupted
rather than being replayed in full, and with the same scoreline
- b) The match shall recommence with the same players on the pitch and substitutes available as when the match was abandoned;
- c) No additional substitutes may be added to the list of players on the start list;
- d) The teams can make only the number of substitutions to which they were still entitled when the match was abandoned;
- e) Players sent off during the abandoned match cannot be replaced;
- f) Any sanctions imposed before the match was abandoned remain valid for the remainder of the match.
Though, the match after tomorrow will be played 28 minutes, for sure even entrance fees will be affected: 500, 3000, 5000.
Jean Baptiste Karegeya