Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame has made significant changes in the military and sister agencies. He has removed Gen James Kabarebe from the powerful position of Defense Minister while long serving police chief Emmanuel Gasana made Southern Province governor.
According to a statement issued Thursday night, Gen. Kabarebe has been replaced by Maj Gen Albert Murasira, the former Chief Executive Officer of Zigama Credit and Savings Society (CSS), a microfinance institution of the army.
For Kabarebe, he will now serve as the Senior Defense and Security Advisor in the Office of the President, replacing Andrew Nyamvumba.
Further, Dan Munyuza, who has been serving as Deputy IGP in charge of Operations, takes over from Gasana and named New Inspector General of Police.
Munyuza has been replaced by CP Felix Ntamuhoranye, Commandant National Police College.
The move comes on heels with the appointment of a new military intelligence chief Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Nyamvumba and also firing the external security boss, Brig Gen Francis Mutiganda.
Col (Rtd) Aniclet Kalibata will now take charge of the external security body.
Juvenal Marizamunda will serve as Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of Administration and Personnel.
Regis Gatarayiha, who once served as the Permanent Secretary Ministry of ICT and also Director General of Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority, has been appointed Director General of Immigration and Emigration.
Meanwhile, Kagame appointed Prof. Shyaka Anastase, Minister of Local Government replacing Francis Kaboneka.
Former Infrastructure Minister James Musoni will now serve as Rwandan ambassador to Zimbabwe following an alleged sexual affair.
Dr. Richard Sezibera, who was until recently the East Africa Community Secretary General, is the new Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Sezibera replaces Louise Mushikiwabo who was a few days ago elected Secretary General of La Francophonie.
Claver Gatete retains his position as Minister of Infrastructure.
Ms Soraya Hakizumuremyi, is the Minister of Trade and Industry while Paula Ingabire will run the ICT and Innovation docket.
- NYIRASAFALI Esperance – Minister of Sports and Culture
- KAMAYIRESE Germaine -Minister in charge of Emergency Management
- UWIZEYE Judith, Minister in the Office of the President
- KAYISIRE Marie Solange, Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister in charge of Cabinet Affairs
- Dr NDAGIJIMANA Uzziel – Minister of Finance and Economic Planning
- GATETE Claver – Minister of Infrastructure
- BIRUTA Vincent – Minister of Environment
- MUKESHIMANA Geraldine, Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources
- MUTIMURA Eugene – Minister of Education
- MBABAZI Rosemary – Minister of Youth
- BUSINGYE Johnston – Minister of Justice and Attorney General
- RWANYINDO KAYIRANGWA – Minister of Public Service and Labour
- GASHUMBA Diane – Minister of Health
- MUKABARAMBA Alvera – Minister of State in charge of Social Affairs
- UWERA Claudine – Minister of State in charge of Economic Planning
- UWIZEYIMANA Evode – Minister of State in charge of Constitutional and Legal Affairs
- Dr MUNYAKAZI Isaac – Minister of State in charge of Primary and Secondary Education
- Dr NDIMUBANZI Patrick – Minister of State in charge of Primary Healthcare
- UWIHANGANYE Jean de Dieu, Minister of State in charge of Transport
- . Bwana NDUHUNGIREHE Olivier – Minister of State in charge of the East African Community
- MUKAZAYIRE Nelly: Rwanda Convention Bureau/ CEO Rwanda Convention Bureau
- MUSABYIMANA Jean Claude, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources
- IRERE Claudette, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of ICT and Innovation
- Col (Rtd) KALIBATA Aniclet: Director General of External Security